Regexp library within glib2.0?

The question about regex(p) library occures periodically before each' relese
of glib, but always the answer is - pending...

So, once again - are there any plans to include regex compatiable function set
into the upcoming glib2.0?

I remember, that 2 years! ago everyone agreed, that we should use nice library
from Phil Hazel - PCRE, which provides Perl RE together with POSIX compatiable
ones. Current version 3.4 has basic UTF8 support, even, I'm not sure, how comp-
lete it is.

I remember, Happybob did a sample implementation of the g_regex, unfortunatelly,
I wan't able to find it...

It really be nice to hear any updates on that problem..

With best regards,
		BaT