Re: GtkNotebook

James Henstridge <james daa com au> writes:

> On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
>
> > Are there signals I can listen to which will tell me when a page is inserted or
> > removed from a GtkNotebook?
>
> Just a guess, but the "add" and "remove" signals (from GtkContainer)
> probably do what you want.

They don't actually work, because all addition and removal doesn't go
through them.

There is currently no reliable way of getting notification on the list
of children for a container. [*]

I wonder if we should add something along the lines g_object_notify
(container, "children') to gtk_widget_set_parent() /
gtk_widget_unparent().

[*] Yes, you could install a signal-snooper on parent-set.
    This is not something you are going to catch me recommending.