Re: g_io_channel_read_chars() loop

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 06:14:34PM -0700, Ron Steinke wrote:
> Are you using UTF-8 encoding (the defualt)? Sounds liked you backed out
> my fixes to read from encoded_read_buf instead of read_buf for UTF-8.
> That may have broken something.

	No, I am setting the encoding to the current system encoding.
As far as I can tell, this uses the encoded_read_buf in both sets of
code.  AFAICT, while there was a lot of renaming from use_buf to
USE_BUF(channel) and the like, it didn't change the semantics for the
worse.  I traced the HEAD code many times, and it looked ok to me.  So I
dunno where in your change it could have broke.  Can you reproduce this?
If I can find the time I will try to strip out the code for a test case.
It is pretty generic stuff.

Joel

--

"You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot
strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org