Re: gtk 1.2 gdk_window_set_decorations question

Hi,

Wrong list - questions about using GTK should go to gtk-list or
gtk-app-devel-list.

Michael L Torrie <torriem cs byu edu> writes:
> I'm trying to write a gtk app that I want to display without any windo
> decorations.  (It will run full screen on a PDA).  I've tried doing the
> following:
>
> gdk_window_set_decorations(window1->window);
>
> where window1 is aa GtkWindow top-level window.  I've tried putting it
> in various places, before the show() command, and after.  I can't get it
> to work at all.  What's the proper procedure for doing this?  Before or
> after the window is realized, widgets added to it, or what?

You need window1->window to exist, which means post-realize. So
connect to the "realize" signal and do this setup there, is the best
way.

You don't say what you pass as the second arg to set_decorations();
should be 0. Also you may want to add set_functions(0). However
whether these have any effect is pretty much up to the WM.

> Also, how to I get the window manager to maximize my app using GDK/GTK
> calls (or Xlib calls if necessary)?

There is no way to tell the WM to enter the "maximized" state, except
for the new WM spec (www.freedesktop.org). The best you can do is make
the window the size of the screen with
gdk_screen_width()/gdk_screen_height().

Havoc