Re: giounix.c

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:

> Hi Owen,
>
> 	Is it possible that the 'callback' member of struct
> GIOUnixWatch is not used ? if so it'd be great to get rid of it.

Yes, you can go ahead and remove it. (Though saving 4 bytes
per IO watch is stretching the definition of "great". A lot.)

> I suppose it might also be possible to kill condition, in favour of
> pollfd.events ?

Yes, it is probably possible. (The fields are a little
different, and, in theory, we probably shouldn't be
passing POLLER/POLLHUP in the pollfd.events field. But
it's close enough not to make a difference, and we already
strip extraneous bits when building the poll array.)