Re: Release milestones, 1.2.9/2.0, and bugzilla

Kristian Rietveld <kristian planet nl> writes:

> On 29 Jan 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > So to get our API freeze TODO list, you would now simply query for the
> > "2.0 API freeze" milestone. To punt a feature past 2.0, set the
> > milestone to none. To ensure a feature gets in 2.0, set the milestone
> > to be one of the 2.0 milestones.
> >
> > Anyone working on features, be sure your feature is in bugzilla and
> > has the milestone set, even if you aren't sure your feature will go
> > in. Putting it in bugzilla ensures the issue will be tracked. If we
> > decide to punt the feature, we'll unset the milestone.
>
> Sorry if this is a stupid question... ;) But where can I set the
> milestone?  I wanted to put my feature in bugzilla, so I went to the
> 'enter bug' page of gtk+. But I can't find a field on that page where I
> can set the milestone (the 'enter bug' page is the right place to put a
> feature in bugzilla, or am I at the wrong place?) . Or are only the
> bugzilla-maintainers able to set the milestone on a 'bug'?

You have to enter the bug first, then once you have entered the
bug you can set the milestone. (Click on "Back to bug #nnnn")

(The reason for this, is that the milestone is conceptually for the
GTK+ maintainers, so typically we don't want reporters setting it for
things like "I can't compile GTK+.")

But actually, check first. I'm pretty sure there is a bug report
for the ComboBox already.