Allocator in Glib

     Hello,
	I need a general-purpose Allocator.  That is, one that handles
things other than GList, GSList, and GNode, and has its own pool(s) that
it draws from.

	Should I write my own from scratch, or work on extending the
GAllocator API?  If I did alter the GAllocator API, would the
modifications be something the GTK+ team would consider?

	This is just a prelimary probe before I begin work.  I don't
expect it to be a ton of code, but it might require changes to the GList,
GSList, and GNode implementations.  The reason I'm doing this is because
someone is actually interested in the GSkipList code I wrote last year,
which currently uses g_malloc/g_free, and I'm worried about memory
fragmentation.

Thanks,
Derek Simkowiak
dereks realloc net