Re: Problem with win32 and GTK

Laurent Berger writes:
 > I try to compile wxWindows for GTK with cygwin32 (windows 2000).

Note that the prebuilt Win32 DLLs from www.gimp.org/win32/ don't run
under cygwin. You might run into troubles sooner or later if you use
them from a cygwin program. Or do you intend to still use X11, even if
running on Windows, and have a cygwin-using GTK+ with the X11 backend?

 > Every is OK except for two files. Errors message are :
 > ./src/gtk/dcclient.cpp:95: `struct _GdkWindowPrivate' has no member
 > named `destroyed'

Well, that's why it is called "private". GDK's private data structures
have changed a lot since GTK+ 1.2. Also they are somewhat different in
the X11 and Win32 backends.

Some of these members can be found in the GdkDrawablePrivate struct, but...

 > ./src/gtk/dcclient.cpp:103: `struct _GdkWindowPrivate' has no member
 > named `xdisplay'
 > ./src/gtk/dcclient.cpp:104: `struct _GdkWindowPrivate' has no member
 > named `xwindow'

If you intend to use the native Win32 GDK backend, you will of course
have to fix code that assumes GDK uses X11.

--tml