scrolled window design

gtkscrolledwindow seems designed to have a viewport child OR any other scrollable child.
What is this needed for?
I don't like it >:/

I would like to see the policy stuff moved into gtkviewport, gtkscrolledwindow derived from gtkviewport and a couple of other tweaks, that would all make viewports and scrolled windows work better than they do right now. Scrolled windows taking non-viewported widgets is a bit of a wrench in those works. Then I can make gqview faster & cleaner about the images and hassle mr. ellis with patches.

On an unbiased level I think it's better design for scrolledwindows to depend on viewports for their functionality, and I don't see why any other widget should have scrolling capabilities apart from viewport. That would be the unix mantra way.

Does gtkscrolledwindow need to be scrollable widget agnostic?