iconify with pixmap in Openwin

Hi all,

I've just started programming with GTK and have run into a problem with
gdk_window_set_icon.

What I found is that when I pass a valid pixmap to gdk it does not
display the icon within
Openwindows. I did some digging and found than the WM expects a bitmap
and thus works if I
pass it a bitmap.(I also tested the pixmap in Gnome and that worked ok)

The main problem is that there is no error returned when
gdk_window_set_icon fails to display
the icon pixmap (if there was I could then fallback to a bitmap).
Therefor my question is has
anyone come across this problem before and if so how did you tackle it?

Thanks for any help,
Ben.