Re: [gimpwin-dev] final version of glib compilation patch for cygwin POSIX runtime

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

Hello,

> Stefan Ondrejicka writes:
>  > sorry for bothering with sending my cygwin patches again and again. I
>  > hope, that this one is last one. It works flawlessly without doing any
>  > extra changes besides replacing the libtool.m4 macros in acinclude.m4 .
>  > The patch is made against fresh CVS checkout made hour ago.
>  > I have tested compiling glib with this patch on linux, cygwin and on
>  > mingw32 (using the makefile.mingw).
>
> Thanks. I will have a look, and eventually commit to CVS (unless
> somebody is opposed?).

That will be great.

> I will probably first try to get also the mingw build working using
> auto* and libtool, though. This requires some further Makefile.am and
> configure.in modifications.

I think it will work without any problems. I have bit bad experiences with
mingw when running configure. It quite often reports that cc1 performed
illegal operation, so soem of tests fail because of that. I  don't know
wheter this is problem of my machine or of my mingw installation. That's
the reason why I haven't successfully tested the compilation with mingw.
But I guess it will work without changes (I recomend to use cygwin make
instead of mingw make).

Best regards,
Stevo.

--
Stefan Ondrejicka <ondrej idata sk>
Beethovenova 11, 917 08 Trnava, Slovakia