Re: What type is a GdkExtensionMode?

John Margaglione <jmargaglione yahoo com> writes:

> I'm converting the args in GtkWidget, and I'm hitting a wall with
> extension_events.  In the documentation, as well as the old code, both
> events and extension_events are marked as type GTK_TYPE_GDK_EVENT_MASK.
> But the real type of extension_events should be GdkExtensionMode.

> I want to make the extension_events property an enumerated type, based on
> GdkExtensionMode, but there is no GTK_TYPE_GDK_EXTENSION_MODE, and the
> code currently looks like it shouldn't work.  Shall I make a new GType
> for GdkExtensionMode?  If so, in which file should I create/export it?

Errr, GTK_TYPE_GDK_EXTENSION_MODE exists, for me at least.)

(The types are autogenerated by scanning the header files.)

> On a related note (meaning that the relationship is me), the code
> currently allows writing to the COMPOSITE_CHILD property.  Since this is
> a derived property which should only change when a child is added,
> shouldn't this be a read-only property?

That's not what composite_child means. composite_child=TRUE
means that the widget is part of a larger composite widget.
The point for this is so that GUI builders can distinguish
children that have been added to a composite widget by
an application from children which are part of the widget.

It will be set when creating the composite widget. (Correct
me if I'm wrong here, Tim)

Regards