Re: Request for patch testing

Helmethead <hoshem mel comcen com au> writes:

> I'm trying to reproduce the bug on redhat 7.0
> The bug seems to say that you can't copy at all when a \r is in the text. I can copy it, but the \r seems to be taken out. Same result with the 4.0.1 server and the 3.3.6 (+ 33 releases of patches ;)) SVGA server.

Well, actually, this is totally dependent on the libraries, not the server.

We only shipped 4.0.1 libraries with Red Hat 7. So, it's possible
this was fixed prior to 4.0.1, though looking at the XFree86 CVS
repository, it seemed to have been fixed later than that.

> I'm not familiar with text widgets or copy/paste at all. I just
> created an app with two gtktexts, set one editable,
> gtk_text_inserted a string ending in \r\n (with NULL for the 2nd 3rd
> and 4th parameters) in the other, and tried to copy.

That should have been sufficient.

Thanks for trying this. I'll probably just have to trust to my memory
of reproducing the bug.