Re: Setting window icons

James Henstridge <james daa com au> writes:
> How about an gtk_window_add_icon() API, which just appends an extra Pixbuf
> to the list of icons for the window?  That way an app that just wants a
> normal icon for their window adds a single icon.  For apps that want a
> mini icon, they can just call the function again with a different size
> icon.
>
> For platforms where only one icon is used, it can just ignore subsequent
> calls to add_icon().

I just really question the value of an undifferentiated list - if we
have semantically distinct icons, should be multiple functions:

 set_icon()
 set_mini_icon()
 set_accessible_icon()

or whatever. But it would be nice to set the mini icon automatically
from the regular icon if it isn't explicitly set, and I'm not clear
exactly how many kinds of accessible icon there might be (big?
contrasty? no idea).

If the icon's set from a theme, then there's the additional issue of
keeping around the stock ID and resetting the icon hint on theme
switch.

Havoc