default bindkeys (was Re: selectable labels)

[moved off topic ?]

> Pavel Machek wrote:
>
> > Maybe defining F10 to always be menu would help here? You could leave
> > alt-f to word forward and have F10,f for accessing
> > menu.
>
> The problem then is that we'd have a bad inconsistency-- "you can select
> some things that have an underlined letter by pressing Alt+letter, but
> with others you might have to press F10, then the letter"...

    I think that it's up to the desktop env (gnome/kde) to define
    the standard bindkeys. Even if MS is not the company we love,
    they did an interesting (but not complete) job in the definition
    of their standard keybindings. Using keyboard is simple and (with
    some practice) rather intuitive.

    Yours, [and please do not flame me when I say something about
    MS, thanks :)]

    Emmanuel