Re: file selector re-visited

Hi,

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> No its not improper -- its long-established tradition for programs
> like the GIMP to do it. This is the main reason why we didn't consider
> even small rearrangements of the file selector for GTK+-2.0.  Even a
> small rearrangement is an API change, and breaking the API without
> fixing all the major issues was not considered a good thing.

you didn't do us (the GIMP developers) a favor by doing so. We did
expect breakage anyway and we'd have been happy about any modifications
that make the file-selector any better. Looks like we'll write our own
for Gimp-1.4 or continue to heavily hack around in the widget's internals
to make it suit our needs.

Salut, Sven