gtk 1.3.6 and FreeType

  Hi,

I am just trying to install GTK 1.2.6 using the gtk+-all
package. I tried various versions of FreeType, among which
the most uptodate 2.0.4 (which has not even been announced
yet), but none would compile with pango. 2.0.4 e.g. has no
defines like TT_Err_XX as the OpenType code in a pango
sub directory seems to expect. Could someone enlighten me
on what version of freetype of need (or how I would compile
gtk completely without)?

  Thanks,

      Robert

--
Robert Roebling, MD <robert roebling de>