Re: gtksignal.c: g_return_if_fail (GTK_IS_OBJECT (object));

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:

> On Friday, July 20, 2001, at 03:39  AM, Michael Natterer wrote:
>
> > So, when we finally derive GimpObject from GObject instead of GtkObject,
> > we have to replace all gtk_signal_foo() stuff with g_signal_foo() stuff
> > at the same time, which of course makes porting of huge SW packages
> > like the GIMP much more painful.
>
> Just a side note, not a response to your main point.
>
> You don't have to do both changes at the same time. You can port from
> gtk_signal_foo to g_signal_foo first, then do the GtkObject to GObject
> change.

Yeah, this was my first thought too any we'll probably do it that
way. With all the new macros it can even be done by simply saying

find . -name \*\.c | xargs perl -pi -e "s/gtk_signal_foo/g_signal_foo/g;"

OTOH, if all the legacy gtk_signal_* is there to ease migration, I
simply wondered about the rationale behind requiring GtkObjects
being passed to the functions...

just my 2 pfennig,
--Mitch