Re: g_list_free(...) doesn't assign null

"Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva" <miguelf msu edu> writes:

> Is there any particular reason why it wouldn't be good to assign a
> list to NULL after you have freed it?? I can't see any reason why
> g_list_free(GList *list) wouldn't assign it (list = NULL) after it has
> been freed. Is this a bug?

It can't assign it to NULL, since it takes the GList* by value - it
would have to be g_list_free (GList **list) to make NULL-assignment
possible. And changing that now would be backward-incompatible, if
nothing else.

> I am new to glib/gtk and to the open-source mailing list system in
> general... so I would appreciate some redirection if I am using this
> list for something other than it's purpose.

This list is for discussing development of GTK itself, so your
question is on-topic. If you have questions about using GTK, rather
than modifications to GTK itself, you should post to
gtk-list gnome org  But this question was fine for this list.

Havoc