GtkFileSelection Widget: selecting a directory

Hi all,

In my application I happen to ask for the path (a directory) to some data. I'm
using the GtkFileSelection Widget attached to a "Browse/Choose" button.
However, I thought it would be nice to present the user with only the
directory list and not the file list. I can hide the history_pulldown and the
file_list:

  gtk_widget_hide(GTK_FILE_SELECTION(filew)->history_pulldown)

, but since I don't have access to the scrollbar (right ?) it leaves an empty
space with a scroll bar.

Given this situation wouldn't it be a good idea (for more flexibility) to add
pointers to these?? I guess it would raise incompatibility issues, without
much to gain... Would it be better to create a specific widget
(GtkDirSelection) for this?

Btw, I am using only gtk in SunOs 5.6, no gnome libs installed...

--miguel