GtkLabel Pango info

I notice that GtkLabel has a function gtk_label_set_attributes() which
allows users to set the pango attributes, but there does not seem to be
an accessor function to get the attributes.  I guess I could just access
them via label->attrs, but the comments in gtklabel.h seem to indicate
that this should be considered private.

What is the correct way to get the Pango attributes from a label?
Does this structure contain the default attributes or just attributes
that are set for the label?  I assume that the default attributes
would be in widget->style.  Is this correct?

Thanks!

Brian