Re: Xinerama support

Hi Erwann,

> It is a bit too early as the multihead API is still in flux
> and will change before being merged in with the HEAD.

Exactly because it is not frozen yet, I thought it was a good time to
propose additions to it :-/

> Also, AFAIK the Xinerama API is not standardized so we'll need
> to add checks to figure out this implementation we have to deal with.

Well, since Xinerama was included in X11R6.4, I would consider it de facto
standard, even if the documentation is a bit lacking... but even if not, the
direct
Xinerama interaction is limited to gdkdisplay-x11.c. The rest of the code is
interfacing to the "heads" API of GdkScreen.

Matthias