Re: [SUMMARY] Fun, relatively simple feature help

On 26 Jun 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> James "M." Cape <jcape ignore-your tv> writes:
> > I'd like to suggest it not use
> > "C-s", or that there is a
> > "gtk_tree_view_set_find_accel_default" function that lets an app set the
> > default shortcut for that across the entire app (like the buttonbox
> > default layout stuff). Save uses C-s everywhere, but C-f is the commonly
> > used shortcut for "Find".
> >

> Configurable accelerators are done with GtkBindingSet - we have "key
> themes" now.
>
> I still think you should just hit the first letter of the item, C-s or
> any accelerator makes no sense to me.

There are some keybindings like shift + letter (for example shift + p and
shift + n move the cursor). So if people want to search and they type a
capitalized P, the cursor starts moving instead of searching. That's why I
decided to use an accelerator. I think it's the best to use C-f by default
as James Cape suggested.

To add the search capability, I've to add an signal and some private
functions. I don't think that'll be a problem with regard to the API
freeze tomorrow.

If anybody has better ideas, please tell. I started hacking on this and
hope to have a first snapshot after the weekend.

regards,

	Kris

--
Odi et amo. Quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
	Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.

-Catullus (Carmen 85)