Main loop changes

I went over the last set of mails you sent, and I think
we ended up with reasonable agreement and a good proposal.

That is, basically your original patch, with:

 1) changes to make from another thread efficient.(Only broadcast on
    release of ownership, etc.)

 2) g_main_context_try_own() / g_main_context_disown() / g_main_context_wait()

So, I think we can proceed to get this into CVS. Unfortunately, there
isn't a lot of time left. Basically;

 - If you have time in the next few days, it would be great if you
   could take care of applying the patch.

 - If you don't have time, I'll apply your patch tomorrow
   with the changes above and then you can check over my
   work when you have the chance.

If you do the integration, there is one other other thing I think it
would be good to do - first convert mainloop-test to the new API
before changing the locking in it, so we have a copy of the "new API
but broken" main loop test in CVS for reference in case someone ever
has time to try to debug that.