emission hooks gone AWOL ?

We have gone looking for emission hook support in 2.0, to no avail so
far.  I expected from Changes-2.0.txt that the
gtk_add_emission_hook(...) methods would be gone, but that support would
have migrated to gsignal.

However, despite a mention in gsignal.h:

guint g_signal_add_emission_hook_full (guint signal_id, GClosure
*closure);
void g_signal_remove_emission_hook (guint signal_id, guint hook_id);

there is no symbol in glib-1.3.so, and a grep of a recent CVS pull
reveals no implementation.  The old gtk_signal_add/remove_emission_hook
macros
are #define'd to no-ops.

So, what is the status of emission hook support in 2.0?
It is needed for several types of special applications, like
gspeech, and for accessibility support.

Thanks,

Bill

------
Bill Haneman x19279
Gnome Accessibility Lab / Batik SVG Toolkit
Sun Microsystems Ireland