Re: PangoFontMetrics: approximate_[char|digit]_width

On 5 Mar 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Sven Neumann <sven gimp org> writes:
> > Do we change approximate_digit_width to max_digit_width then?
>
> I don't think the field should really indicate what algorithm we
> use (max vs. avg vs. whatever). ;-) It's not intended for use where you
> care about that...

There's an internationalisation issue here.  One day I hope to get the
internationalised digits thing working with a decent API and integrated...
Non-european digits are often be wider (or sometimes narrows) than
european digits...

--
Robert Brady
robert suse co uk