Re: trying to use gtkglarea

Mathew Yeates <mathew fugue jpl nasa gov> writes:

> Hi-
>
> I'm trying to use gtkglarea 1.2.2 with gtk1.2.8
>
> Most of the example programs work except for glpixmap.
> When I run this I get an error that I can't trace down.
> I'm using a 30 bit display, if that helps.

As Havoc said, this is basically off-topic for this list, since
GtkGLArea isn't really part of this lists charter, which is about the
development of GTK+ and GLib themselves.

But a 30 bit display? Really? I've heard of > 8bpp grayscale displays
for medical imaging but was not familiar with > 8bits-per-primary for
color displays.

I think most of GTK+ will work fine, except that GdkRGB will be
dog-slow. For good performance, you really would need to add
specialized conversion functions for your format.

Maybe we have to consider adding 16-bit-per-primary modes to GdkRGB as
well... ;-)

Good luck tracking down your problem,