Re: Signal handlers: parameter names

John Margaglione wrote:
> I'm not talking about invoking signals, I'm talking about creating a
> dialog box to connect signals.  In Glade right now you can select a
> signal by choosing from a list of available signals from a listbox.
> When you choose one of the signals and generate the source code, Glade
> has to do a lookup on the names of the parameters to the signal.  These
> have to be stored as static arrays in the Glade source code.  If a new
> signal is added, or the names of the parameters are changed, Glade has
> to be updated.  Using my suggestion there is no rework of Glade
> necessary.
Then, why don't you use an XML file that describes them ? So :
0) no runtime penalty, except at startup (scan the XML file once and
build tables in memory)
1) it's not hardcoded in the source
2) it could be auto-generated from source scanning (like docs)
3) adding support for new widgets from 3rd party libraries (for example
GtkExtra) becomes quite easy

BYtE,
 Diego.