New GTK+ anti-aliasing patch posted

Hi -

After a short night of coding, I've posted an update to my patch
against GTK+ 1.2.8 that lets it use the Xft library in XFree86 4.0.2
to render anti-aliased text:

  http://www.speakeasy.org/~bos

Changes since the last update (which was in late January):

- Fixed some problems with gdk_text_extents

- Added runtime check for the RENDER extension

- Some bug fixes

Note: my patch is not the same as Jacob Berkman's independently
developed patch that does much the same thing.  I have cribbed an
obviously more-correct snippet from his patch, though :-)

To do:

- Split out dependencies on libXft.so into a separate shared object,
  so that libgdk.so will run on platforms that don't have Xft yet

- Fix weird bug that causes certain widgets to take up far too much
  horizontal space (several times the width of the screen)

Once the last two points above are covered, this patch should enable
many programs that are (this is a bit complex)

* linked against GTK+ 1.2

* to run unmodified (i.e. without need for relinking) on machines that
  either do or don't have the Xft library present

* and to render using anti-aliased fonts on servers that support the
  RENDER extension

* and to fall back to normal rendering on servers that do *not* have
  the RENDER extension.

My goal is to make this set of modifications packageable so that the
binaries will run happily in all circumstances, and anti-alias text
whenever they can.

	<b