Re: New GTK+ anti-aliasing patch posted

k> As these patches use the Xft library, the configuration available
k> for that will work here.  It's nearly turing equivalent, so you can
k> get pretty much any behaviour you might like.

I found the xftconfig documentation to be quite opaque, I'm afraid, so
I'm not sure I'd know that (a) this was possible, or (b) how to do it.

k> Anyone know if these patches will work with evolution and nautilis?
k> I'm (nearly) desparate for a replacement e-mail package...

My experience has been that since Evolution and Nautilus are being so
heavily hacked upon, as are many of the shared libraries they depend
on, it's tough to get both running at one time because of shared
library conflicts.  Particularly if you're also, say, running Gnome
1.4 beta.  Presumably this will all stabilise at some point.

The last time I succeeded in running Evolution against my AA patches,
some widgets rendered AA text, and some didn't.  My guess is that some
code is side-stepping the GDK rendering routines and making direct
calls to XDrawString (Mozilla does this, too).  I've not tried with
Nautilus at all.

	<b