Re: New GTK+ anti-aliasing patch posted

On 13 Mar 2001, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:

> m> I hate to bother everyone further on this, but I still seem to have
> m> some setting not right.  According to xdpyinfo, I have the RENDER
> m> extension (I'm not running the accelerated nvidia drivers on this
> m> machine either).  I know Xft works because KDE can do anti-aliasing
> m> of the fonts, but it won't do alpha-blending on the icons.
>
> Are you saying that you are getting alpha-blended fonts under KDE, but
> not with GTK+ apps?  If so, you might want to check and see which
> version of the gdk shared library your apps are dynamic linking
> against.
KDE will antialias fonts, but won't alph ablend the icons.  I imagine the
fonts are alpha blended against the background, so yes, I think that
works.

Checking gdk...  When I ldd /usr/bin/gfontsel, for example, it links to
both libXft and libXrender.  libgdk.so.* are all built today from the
patched source.  weird.

Checking xpdyinfo again.  It shows RENDER as an extension, but not
Xrender.  Should it show Xrender too?  If so, I'll have to try rebuilding
the rpm with the proper switches and things.