getpwuid_r

FreeBSD doesn't currently have this function, though it may do in future
versions :(  Of course it also makes it impossible to build on FreeBSD at
present...  What's the general method of "-r'ing" a function that isn't
normally within GLib?  Is it to wrap a mutex around it?  If so, where would
the defines etc go for the mutex and where would it be allocated/destroyed?

I'll see if I can work a solution if you can supply more information.

david