Re: New keybindings draft

At 19:01 28.03.01 +0100, Bill Haneman wrote:
>Hi Folks:
>
>I've posted the latest version of Calum's keybindings
>comparison chart at
>http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gap/keyboardnav.html
>
> [...]
>
>Comments and questions are solicited...

Some random comments:

Button/Enter(MSWin) : it is possible to tell an edit control by a resource
flag, that it wants the enter Key. So the "suffer" described can simply be
resolved by the programmer.

>Message Box GnomeMessageBox
> Enter and Escape should be the shortcuts for OK and Cancel respectively--
> if labels other than these are used in the message box, Enter and Escape
> should not be active, and mnemonic access should be provided instead.

Why do you suggest to do an exception on the above rule (OK == always press
default button; Esc == always closes the dialog with no changes) or is this
a description of the current behaviour ?

ComboBox (MsWin) : Roll up list - Esc works too.

MenuBar(MsWin), Naviagate Out: press F10 or alt again to go back to the
previous focus.

Tree(Win32) : L/R arrow open close the current subtree. If not expanded
R arrow moves to parent.

Thanks,
	Hans