Re: GtkTexTag utility functions

Gustavo Joćo Alves Marques Carneiro <ee96090 fe up pt> writes:
>   I find these functions useful, so maybe others will too. Can they be
> included in GTK?

Can you give some more details on why/when you are using them? It
isn't obvious to me why you want to do this, I would imagine instead
either sharing a tag table, or having a function:

GtkTextTag*
create_foo_tag (buffer)
{
  return gtk_text_buffer_create_tag (..........);
}

Which you then call to get a tag.

How are you structuring your app?

It probably makes sense to have these functions on the general "value-like
objects should be copiable" principle, but I'd like to understand
better when they are used.

Havoc