Re: can't compile gtk

Vitaly Tishkov <tvv sparc spb su> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've just updated my gtk+ cvs tree and can't compile gtk+ now:
>
> In file included from gtkaccelgroup.c:35:
> gtkwidget.h:35:27: atk/atkobject.h: No such file or directory
>
> I did 'cvs update -d'
>
> What's wrong?
> Was atk directory committed to cvs tree?

It's good practice to re-run autogen.sh every time you update from CVS.

If you do that, then you'll see that a check for the ATK library
fails when running configure; from HACKING:

===
In order to get CVS gtk+ installed on your system, you need to have
the most recent CVS version of glib, pango, and atk installed as well.
The installation process of these libraries is similar to that of gtk+, but
needs to be fulfilled prior to installation of gtk+.
===

Is that obvious text? Probably not; that's why I mailed this list
yesterday ;-) "Subject: ATK dependency added to GTK+"