Re: any chance of a g_object_newv

On 6 May 2001, Sven Neumann wrote:

> There is, but it is somewhat ugly. We use the following code:
>
>   object = klass->constructor (type,
> 			       n_construct_properties,
>                                construct_properties);

One other thing.  You are meant to pass all the construct properties to
this function (using the default value for ones not passed).  There
doesn't seem to be an API for getting the list of construct properties
(other than GObjectClass.construct_properties, which has a comment above
it warning me not to use it).

So it appears that there isn't enough public APIs to implement
g_object_newv().

James.

--
Email: james daa com au