RE: glib/iconv : delayed dependency

>Hans Breuer wrote:
> My sollution - which is by no means innovative - delays the dependency to
> the first call of a function requireing iconv.dll. If the program does not
> do any call to the g_convert facility it simply runs without it.

That's a good reason - you are removing the dependency for users who do not
need it. Sorry for not seeing this.

> AFAIK there is no official port of gnome to win32 and the dynamic
> linking concepts are slightly different between Linux and Unix.

True, but I'm not sure that that was an issue here, unless unixes generally
only link to dynamic libraries just before one of their functions are
called.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com