Re: use of config.h (fwd)

On 16 May 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Could you tell us what went wrong? What settings you needed from config.h?
>
> I can't imagine that most files in GLib need config.h - mostly, the settings
> that are actually fairly general will be in glibconfig.h.

Actually, yes I can now.

It seems the cause of this (plus a lot of headache) was the config.h has
the lines:

	/* Define as __inline if that's what the C compiler calls it.  */
	#define inline

while glibconfig.h does not have the equvalent. The result is a horrible
failure in gutils.h - and yes, G_HAVE_INLINE is defined to be 1.

A disconnect like this between config.h and glibconfig.h is hard to track
down 8-(

>                                         Owen

	Sander

One day a tortoise will learn to fly