Gtk 2.0 GtkEntry and GtkLabel Pango Info

Gtk Experts

I am working on implementing the Atk code for the GtkEntry and GtkLabel
widgets.  This work will make these widgets accessible to people with
disabilities.

I need to be able to access/set the pango attributes for the GtkEntry
and GtkLabel widgets.  The GtkLabel widget has a gtk_label_set_attributes()
and a gtk_label_pattern_to_attrs() function.  I assume that these
provide me with the interface that I need.

However the GtkEntry widget doesn't seem to provide such support.  It
has a static gtk_entry_get_layout and a gtk_entry_create_layout function
but they are both static and clearly internal.  Are there palans to make
these functions public?

Thanks!

Brian