Re: Looking for GtkWidget leaks

Hi Alex,

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Alex Larsson wrote:
> Not looking at the code, I can only say that GdkVisuals are "static",
> i.e.  there is a finite amount of them allocated at startup, and they
> never die. I think GdkDevices are the same.

        Sure :-) that's fine - but it'd be nice to clear the known clutter
out of the trace with a _debug_shutdown routine so that any actualy leaked
resources are not lost; It doesn't look so bad - until you use pango then
it's not 16 but:

GRuntime-Message: stale GObjects: 225
GRuntime-Message: [0x8082260] stale PangoXFace  ref_count=1
GRuntime-Message: [0x808cf90] stale PangoXFamily        ref_count=1

        Loads of these two, the odd:

GRuntime-Message: [0x810d628] stale GdkPixmap   ref_count=1
some of
GRuntime-Message: [0x8110118] stale GdkWindow   ref_count=4

> Also, on of the windows is probably the wrapper for the root window.

        Of course - it's quite possible that I'm not freeing resource
correctly, and that there should be no problem here - but ... it's hard to
tell with all the noise. Can I plead again for a _debug_shutdown method ?

        Regards,

                Michael.