Re: Adding g_object_get_type?

Darin Adler wrote:

For some kinds of programs that use macros to write code, it would be useful
if there was a g_object_get_type function. Is there any compelling reason
not to add it to glib?

In my code, I just use the XXX_TYPE_XXXX symbols, which are either macros calling the get_type() routine, global variables or enumeration constants. This is works better than looking for get_type() routines from my experience.

Or maybe I have misunderstood what you are after :)

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/