construct-time properties and constructor

I'm trying to fix the libgnomeui widgets so that they use construct-time
properties instead of _construct functions, but I'm finding that most of
properties would need to be dealt with all at once, instead of one after
the other.

It seems like this might be possible in the widget's constructor, which
gets passed an array of construct-time properties. But I am concerned
that these will be set a second time by the normal properties system.
Should I remove them from the GObjectConstructParam
*construct_properties array and pass a different array to the parent
class's constructor to stop this?

Although I've read about this in the archives, I can't seem to find an
example of a constructor that actually uses the construct_properties
array that's passed to it.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net