Re: construct-time properties and constructor

On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 00:39, Tim Janik wrote:
> > So how can I get at that information? Should I use struct member fields which are set in set_property(), then read in those temporary values in the constructor after calling the base constructor?
>
> hm, adding newlines helps making the message text more digestible.

evolution.

> if with struct member fields you mean object fields, then yes.

Yes, I mean a constructor like this:

static GObject*
gnome_appbar_constructor (GType                  type,
			  guint                  n_construct_properties,
			  GObjectConstructParam *construct_params)
{
  GObject *object = 0;
  GnomeAppBar *appbar = 0;

  /* Call base class's constructor: */
  /* This will set the temp_* values in set_property() */
  object = (* G_OBJECT_CLASS (parent_class)->constructor) (type,

  appbar = GNOME_APPBAR(object);

  _gnome_appbar_construct (appbar,
     appbar->temp_has_progress,
     appbar->temp_has_status,
     appbar->temp_interactivity);
}

I guess we have to break the API on libgnomeui so that we have somewhere to temporarily
store these construction parameters.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net