Re: Unable to instantiate GtkTreeModelSort with g_object_new.

Jeff Franks <jcf tpg com au> writes:

> Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> >I think you misunderstood Jonathan ... he is quoting part of
> >gtktreemodelsort.c, not saying that the app should do this.
> >(It wouldn't work anyways ... properties have to be handled
> >by class->get/set_property)
> >
> The problem is that a language binding cannot instantiate an instance
> of GtkTreeModelSort using g_object_new because there is no way to set
> the child_model. The function 'gtk_tree_model_sort_set_model' is a
> static function declared in gtktreemodelsort.c. It gets called from
> 'gtk_tree_model_sort_new' to set the model. Either this function needs
> to be exported so a language binding can call it or a "model" property
> needs to be installed in gtk_tree_model_sort_class_init() that can be
> set in a call to g_object_new or  g_object_set.

Please bring gtktreemodelsort.c:gtk_tree_model_sort_class_init() up
in an editor and look at it. (CVS, not 1.3.10)

I think that will make everything clear.

Tue Nov 13 21:00:59 2001  Jonathan Blandford  <jrb redhat com>

	* gtk/gtktreemodelsort.c (gtk_tree_model_sort_class_init): new
	"model" construct property for language bindings.