Re: how is line cursor displayed in text box???

sanasim ranbir said:

> hi all..
>
> for last few days, i m strugling in finding out how
> the line cursor in the TextBox is displayed. does it
> use any display functions like XDrawString(..),
> XDrawImageString(..) etc?? or it uses some other
> function or mechanism to display line cursor in the
> TextBox..
>
> thanks for your help..

I assume you are talking about GTK+-2.0, from CVS HEAD.

Have a look at

_gtk_draw_insertion_cursor

in GtkStyle.c

However I am very suspicious of why you are asking this question...

if you are asking because you want to do text caret tracking for
accessibility (usually the only reason anyone cares how the text caret
is drawn) there is now explicit API for getting text caret movement
notifications.

If that's what you want, ask me and I'll point you in the right
direction.

regards,

Bill