Re: glibconfig.h.win32.in: MSVC warning pragmas

At 11:23 26.11.01 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:

>Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> writes:
>
>> 2001-11-23  Hans Breuer  <hans breuer org>
>>
>> 	* glibconfig.h.win32.in : added recommended pragma list for
>> 	msvc again. They are an invaluable help of letting the
>> 	compiler catch bugs.
>>
>> I won't object that these pragmas indeed are useful most of the
>> time. But is it really GLib's job to dictate for developers working
>> with any GLib-using software that various compiler warnings are turned
>> on and off in source files that include (indirectly) glibconfig.h?
>> [...]
>
>This does sound a little odd to have these in a library header file.

Does 'these' only mean the three loosening pragmas or does it
apply to the 'warning as error' (about 15) as well ?

And if these are not supposed to be in the basic library header
where do you think they belong ? In any msvc's developers
private toolbox ?

>The other problem with putting such things in a standard header file
>is that you are basically frozen at what you picked the first time; if
>you later change the set or people will suddenly get unexpected
>results from their compilation.

As with any other api change. BTW: having them had in glib since
about two years doesn't count here, does it ? :)

Thanks,
	Hans