Re: Nested AC_CHECK_LIB and AC_CHECK_HEADER need brackets?

Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:
> leaving third party apps astray.
> we should have at least one sufficient image format that third-party
> apps can rely on having suppot for in an gtk environment, e.g. for
> splash screens, icons and the like.
> png seems to be very suited for that.
> so simply making it mandatory seems like the better idea.

I'd mostly agree (well, I would go further; I think for a standard GTK
installation we should require _all_ the image libraries, or at least
jpeg also, so apps can depend on them). The only case where you can go
without the libs is for a custom embedded build or something. There I
think going without png would be fine. (Though you might also want to
go without the inline images themselves...)

Havoc