Re: paste in GtkTextBuffer

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 04:26:21PM -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
> > vishnu pobox com writes:
> >> Examining the GtkTextBuffer source code, i see that paste_from_buffer
> >> calls gtk_text_buffer_real_insert_range which appears impossible
> >> to customize for my purposes.
> >>
> >> If i could disable the paste function from copying tags then i
> >> would be happy.  Any other suggestions?
> >
> > Sure, I don't promise I know how to fix this by 2.0, but at least
> > we'll have an open issue.
>
> Just using a signal or virtual function here for the insert_range call done
> for pasting would do the trick. It doesn't seem to require much deep
> thought, except maybe for the name of the function. Maybe I'm missing what
> makes it hard.

Based on my prior requests for TextBuffer enhancements, i think the
problem is that everyone is trying to finish the 2.0 release so that
we can get feedback on a larger scale.  Once large scale feedback
is collected then the most important features can be added using
the best conceivable design.

Until then, i guess i can copy the TextBuffer code into my app
and make my own temporary mods.  ;-)

Correct me if i'm wrong.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!