need help cross compiling gtk

Hi ,
I'm trying to compile (cross compile) gtk+ source for arm using the
arm-linux-gcc , and comfigure is failing , with the following message
"configure: error: can not run test program while cross compiling" i
guess, this is becuase, it tries to run a test image , and since it is
cross compiled for arm, and the image is being run on x86, it fails, and
exits from the shell.
can you suggest me gtk is supported for strong - arm? and how can I port
it to strong arm by cross compiling it., so that the image (gtk+) i get
can be downloaded on to a strong arm target.
thanks and regards,
-sreenidhi.
Sreenidhi B G.
Engineer - Embedded systems,