Re: Patch for GtkLayout (was: GnomeCanvas and zooming)

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
>         Ah; ok - we need to send the patch to gtk-devel; guys can you
> process this fix suggestion ?

It's in bugzilla, I mailed Arjan privately and pointed out the need to
do that.

>         Also; the gtk_layout_freeze/thaw is marked deprecated inside gtk+,
> so quite possibly we need to absorb this code into the canvas itself, with
> our own canvas freeze / thaw - if in fact this is neccessary; what do you
> think ?

No idea (as the deprecation comment says, it's unclear what layout
freeze/thaw even are supposed to do).

I would guess that GnomeCanvas internals need rethinking, since all
the flicker-avoidance and scrolling stuff now happens automatically. I
don't know if this has been done or not. I don't know if it matters
for this change...

Havoc